Writing Affirmations Using Florence Scovel Shinn’s Guide to Life
- Mind, Body, Spirit /
Live your best life with Florence Scovel Shinn’s Guide to Life!
Florence Scovel Shinn helped define the New Thought tradition with her classic works including The Game of Life and How to Play It and Your Word Is Your Wand. From intuition and gratitude to expectation and affirmations, Florence Scovel Shinn’s Guide to Life will help beginners understand the basics of New Thought and teach them how to harness the power behind these principles, bringing positive change into their lives. So, here’s some tips on how to write your own affirmations.
When writing your own affirmations, remember:
1. Use present tense. State that you already have your desires, not that you want them to come. And believe it!
2. Do not be too specific. Ask the Universe to bring you what is rightly yours and right for you (what you specifically want might not be it).
When speaking your affirmations and manifesting your desires, here are some tips to set you on the right path:
1. Take some time to yourself. You don’t need to be alone, but you do not want to be disturbed. Take as long or short a time as you want.
2. Speak your affirmations anywhere you have a few minutes to be present. This can be while meditating, walking, driving, in bed, in the bath, or even while waiting somewhere.
3. Concentrate. See in your mind’s eye and feel what it would be like if this desire were already yours. Hold that feeling for as long as you can, remember it, and bring it back often.
4. You can speak your affirmations aloud. “Your word is your wand,” as Florence says. If you’re not comfortable saying it aloud, you could chant your affirmation quietly in your head, write it down, or do whatever works for you.
5. If your mind is prone to wandering, writing affirmations down repeatedly can help you concentrate. Allocate a notebook for your private affirmation practice and fill the pages with them.
6. Repeat the affirmation again and again.
7. Be open to receiving well beyond your wildest dreams.
8. Don’t limit yourself
9. Remember to breathe!
Pleasant Manifestation Experiences
You can speak your affirmations anywhere, such as in the car, while riding public transportation, or even on the sidelines at a sporting match. But some experiences are simply more peaceful, more enjoyable, and more in tune with your higher power than others.
Some relaxing and enjoyable ways to perform your affirmation and manifestation practice include:
1. Speaking your affirmations while walking. This can create a good rhythm as your words fall into pace with your steps.
2. Meditating. Breathing deeply, concentrating on your affirmations, and visualizing can create a tranquil manifestation experience.
3. Lighting a candle and gazing into the flame.
4. Taking a relaxing bath or warm shower in a misty bathroom with essential oils
5. Sitting quietly in nature.
6. Lying in bed in the morning, before rising, while the world is still quiet. This can be a great way to start the day with the right intentions and your desires at the front of your mind.
Now that you have an idea of how you might want to practice your affirmations, sit quietly for a moment and think about what it is you hope to manifest into your life. Once you have a topic of particular interest, be it love, health, or prosperity, browse through the affirmations in the following pages and find what speaks to you
I am now deluged with the happiness that was planned for me in the Beginning. My barns are full, my cup flows over with joy.
Happy surprises come to me each day.
I am harmonious, happy, and radiant. I am detached from the tyranny of fear.
My happiness is built upon a rock. Happiness is mine now and for all eternity.
My happiness is God’s affair, therefore, no one can interfere. As I am one with God, I am now one with my heart’s desire.
I give thanks for my permanent happiness, my permanent health, my permanent wealth, my permanent love.
I am harmonious, happy, and Divinely magnetic, and now draw to me my ships over a calm sea.
God’s ideas for me are perfect and permanent
My heart’s desire is a perfect idea in Divine Mine, incorruptible and indestructible, and now comes to pass, under grace in a magical way.
I am grateful that everything is working out exactly as it should.
* * * *
For more affirmations, check out the new Florence Scovel Shinn’s Guide to Life!
Florence Scovel Shinn's Guide to Life
Discover how the life-changing wisdom and philosophy of Florence Scovel Shinn can be applied to modern life in this short and sweet collection, perfect for beginners to New Thought! Florence Scovel Shinn helped define the New Thought tradition with her classic works including The Game of Life and How to Play It and Your Word Is YourLearn more