The Unofficial Wednesday Cookbook: Brownie Recipe
Calling all Wednesday Addams fans! We have the perfect treat to get you ready for spooky season. Get ready for the upcoming spooky season and grab your favorite knives, guillotines, and other torture devices and join Wednesday on a culinary journey inspired by the Netflix hit show.
We’re celebrating the release of The Unofficial Wednesday Cookbook by giving you an inside look into this brownie recipe from the cookbook. Some might say these are to kill for — er, we mean to die for. Have fun making these delicious brownies and get your copy of The Unofficial Wednesday Cookbook today!
* * * * * *
Black Cat Brownies—from The Unofficial Wednesday Cookbook
Poe’s “The Black Cat” as the mascot for a team? That sounds purr-fect! What better motivator than a cautionary tale of alcoholism, guilt, and murder? These delectable chocolate treats may not be strong enough to wall your latest victim in, but they are good enough to eat.
Yield: 12 brownies | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 to 30 minutes
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2¼ cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1¼ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Add the sugar and stir until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, espresso powder (if using), and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add the melted butter and sugar mixture to the bowl with the egg mixture. Whisk until well combined.
5. Fold in the flour and dark chocolate chips until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let the brownies cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
WORD TO THE WOEFUL
Although you are the toughest of young crime solvers, we don’t want our brownies to be. Be sure not to overmix the batter or the brownies mav become tough.
If you recreate the recipe, make sure to post it online and tag us @ulyssespress!
Grab your favorite knives, guillotines, and other torture devices and join Wednesday Addams on a culinary journey through Nevermore, Jericho, and beyond with 66 deliciously dark and twisted recipes inspired by the hit Netflix show. Welcome woeful readers to the wonderfully weird world of Wednesday. Beloved since her debut in 1938, WednesdayLearn more