Farmer’s Market Salad for the Anti-Anxiety Diet
- Cooking /
Combining acid and fat, such as lemon with olive oil, aids in nutrient absorption. Greens are a great source of mood-stabilizing nutrients, including folate and magnesium. Choose heirloom varieties and local heads for more nutrient density.
Makes: 4 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 small head heirloom lettuce such as Deer Tongue, Speckled Trout, or May Queen
- 2 handfuls arugula
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- generous pinch of salt
- 9 to 10 twists freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 slices watermelon radish
- 8 to 10 fresh edible flowers
- 1 teaspoon large flake sea salt, such as Maldon
1. Place the lettuce and arugula in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Pour over leafy greens and toss to coat evenly.
3. Top the dressed greens with the radish, edible flowers, and a sprinkle of salt.
Nutrition facts per serving
Calories: 161 | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fiber: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g
Make meals that soothe, nourish, and satisfy all at once! You probably already know that the foods you eat can alter your brain chemistry and, in turn, affect your moods and emotions. But how can you take control of the process instead of having it control you? The Anti-Anxiety Diet Cookbook features over 75 tasty recipes that willLearn more