Celebrating 10 Years of Deliciousness with Recipes from The I Love Trader Joe’s College Cookbook: 10th Anniversary Edition
- Book Sample /
School is in session, and we’ve got the perfect cookbook to get you through the school year. With our newest cookbook, The I Love Trader Joe’s® College Cookbook: 10th Anniversary Edition, you’ll be able to make delicious meals with your favorite Trader Joe’s® products all from the comfort of your dorm room. This campus-friendly cookbook is packed with recipes for low-carb lunches, easy-to-make dinners, late-night snacks, and more. To help prepare you for the school year, we’re setting you up with recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So get ready to celebrate 10 years of deliciousness with us! Try these recipes: French Toast and Sausage Sandwiches, Black Pepper Shrimp with Fried Rice, and General Tsao’s Air Fried Wings.
French Toast and Sausage Sandwiches
This quick and easy sandwich is super simple and deliriously delicious.
Yield: 2 sandwiches | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 Trader Joe’s Veggie Sausage Patties
- 1 (12.2-ounce) box Trader Joe’s Brioche French Toast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Microwave the sausage patties according to the package directions and cook the French toast in the toaster until golden.
2. In a small bowl, microwave the butter on high until just softened, 5 to 10 seconds. Stir in the maple syrup.
3. Lay half of the toast slices on a cutting board and soak with the maple syrup and butter.
4. Slice the patties in half and place 2 on each of the toast slices. Top with the remaining toast.
Black Pepper Shrimp with Fried Rice
To add a splash of spiciness to this microwave dish, douse with Trader Joe’s Sriracha Sauce.
Yield: 2 servings | Prep Time: 1 minute | Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 (16-ounce) bag frozen Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1/2 (16-ounce) bag frozen Trader Joe’s Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a microwave-safe dish, microwave the fried rice on high until hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. In another microwave-safe dish, stir together the shrimp and black pepper. Microwave on high until just warm, about 30 seconds. Top the fried rice with the black pepper shrimp.
General Tsao’s Air Fried Wings
Who needs a deep fryer when an air fryer renders chicken wings that are perfectly crispy? A toss in General Tsao Stir Fry Sauce gives these wings a unique touch.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Trader Joe’s All Natural Fresh Chicken Wings (around 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Trade Ming’s General Tsao Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s Sriracha Sauce
- sesame seeds, as needed (optional)
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
1. In a large bowl or ziplock bag, toss the frozen chicken wing sections with the oil, salt, and baking powder, if using. Add half of the chicken wings to the air fryer in one layer. Bake the chicken wings at 380ºF for 15 minutes, shaking the basket as needed.
2. Using tongs, flip the chicken wings over. Increase the air fryer temperature to 400 F. Continue to cook the chicken wings for 10 more minutes, until fully cooked, shaking the basket as needed.
3. To a large bowl, add the butter, stir fry sauce, and sriracha. Add the cooked chicken wings, tossing with the sauce. Using tongs, transfer the wings from the sauce to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken and sauce, heating the sauce slightly in the microwave before tossing with the wings. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and scallions, if using. Serve immediately.
Make delicious meals with your favorite Trader Joe's® products all from the comfort of your dorm room with this campus-friendly cookbook packed with recipes for low-carb lunches, easy-to-make dinners, late-night snacks, and more. A one-stop shopping guide, The I Love Trader Joe’s College Cookbook offers starving college studentsLearn more