Digital Marketing Coordinator
Ulysses Press, a trade book publisher with offices in Berkeley, California, and New York City, New York, is looking for an enthusiastic, full-time digital marketing coordinator to join our publishing team in Brooklyn, New York. This job reports to the Director of Marketing & Operations.
This person will work closely with the Ulysses Press marketing department in our Brooklyn office, providing support on book marketing campaigns, social media, and brand building initiatives.
- Lead organic social media marketing strategies and campaigns, including content planning, posting, channel management, and analytics reporting
- Develop results-driven marketing campaigns based on market data, sales reports, and consumer trends
- Monitor emerging and existing trends, applications, and best practices in SEO, social media, and other digital marketing strategies to increase brand presence/social engagement
- Support authors’ marketing efforts and manage authors through the marketing process
- Create content for company’s newsletter(s) and blog
- Manage influencer marketing program and execute influencer campaigns
- Participate in the preparation of seasonal sales conference material, including titles, covers, marketing copy, etc. and assist in entering metadata for sell sheets and catalog entries
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Proven ability to juggle several projects at once while meeting deadlines
- Ability to problem solve, work independently, and complete tasks without supervision
- Ability to work as an integral part of a small and flexible team
- A strong interest in book publishing, specifically non-fiction
- Ability to commute at minimum twice a week to our Downtown Brooklyn office
- 1-2 years relevant experience, preferably in the book publishing industry
- Experience with and interest in data analysis and/or working with large datasets
- Proficiency with WordPress, HTML, InDesign/Photoshop
- Working knowledge of primary social media and ad platforms, and social tools such as Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, AdEspresso, Hootsuite, MailChimp, etc.
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization and analytics
Compensation & Work Schedule:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience; standard medical benefits, vacation pay and retirement benefits.
Ulysses Press currently offers a “2-3” work schedule (2 days in person in the office are required; 3 days work from home is optional)
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]ress.com