I Love Trader Joe’s: Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Spooky season is officially over, sigh. But, before we rush to get the Christmas decorations out of the garage, we have to remember Thanksgiving! (Though, I can’t wait for Christmas either). To prepare for the giving season, we’re offering readers weekly recipes this November to give you inspiration for the dinner table.
This week, let’s start with the first course a recipe for Roasted Brussel Sprouts. We get this recipe from one of our upcoming releases, The I Love Trader Joe’s Snack Boards Cookbook. Here, you won’t find your average cheese boards—instead, you’ll learn to make 50 scrumptious recipes for a variety of meals and snacks to share on platters or boards.
Learn how to make these delicious Roasted Brussels Sprouts and more scrumptious recipes from the The I Love Trader Joe’s Snack Boards Cookbook. Recreate the dish and tag us @ulyssespress. Happy cooking!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts from—The I Love Trader Joe’s Snack Boards Cookbook
Just about every appetizer menu for the past decade has offered some version of roasted Brussels sprouts. This is my go-to recipe. For a vegetarian version, I skip the bacon and opt for dried cherries, gorgonzola cheese, and finely chopped toasted pecans.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 slices Trader Joe’s Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon, cut in ½-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
¼ cup Trader Joe’s Grated Parmesan Cheese
* * This recipe is Gluten-Free
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large, oven-safe skillet (such as cast-iron), cook the bacon pieces on the stovetop over medium-low heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pieces to a paper towel.
3. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, Brussels sprouts, and minced garlic. Toss until the Brussels sprouts are well coated.
4. Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer in the skillet and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.
5. Remove the Brussels sprouts from the oven and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the cooked bacon and the parmesan cheese over the top.
Create stunning boards, creative charcuterie, and delicious spreads for every occasion with 50 recipes featuring your favorite Trader Joe's® products. If you’re an avid Trader Joe’s® shopper or you can’t stop making every meal into a charcuterie board, this is the perfect cookbook for you! With The ILearn more