Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe from The Mayonnaise Cookbook
- Cooking /
Are you ready to be amazed? We love our new cookbook, The Mayonnaise Cookbook, which includes 50 delicious, easy-to-make recipes that features mayonnaise as the star. If you’re someone who likes to pile mayonnaise on your sandwiches, then this cookbook is perfect for you. And even if you aren’t a huge fan of the condiment, you’d be surprised to know that some of your favorite foods contain this versatile ingredient. Try this tasty Bang Bang Shrimp recipe.
Bang Bang Shrimp
Crispy shrimp coated in a delicious sauce is a win-win kind of meal. It’s sweet and savory, and the sriracha gives it that bang bang spicy kick! The sauce is great for completely coating popcorn shrimp but can double as a dipping sauce for larger butterfly shrimp.
Makes: 2 to 3 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 2 (12-ounce) packages or 1 (18-ounce) package frozen popcorn shrimp
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha or hot sauce
- dash of red chili flakes (optional)
- squeeze of lime juice
- green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and spread the popcorn shrimp on top. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the shrimp begins to crisp and turn brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. To a large bowl, add the mayo, sweet chili sauce, agave nectar or honey, sriracha or hot sauce, red chili flakes, if using, and lime juice. Mix together. Add the popcorn shrimp and gently toss until each piece of shrimp is coated with sauce.
4. Top with the green onions and serve immediately!
Celebrate the greatest condiment of all time with the best mayo-based recipes, including comfort food classics like potato salad and deviled eggs as well as saucy cooking hacks for chocolate cupcakes and grilled cheese. Mayonnaise, lovingly referred to as mayo, is one of the most versatile yet divisive condiments. Some slather it onLearn more