Named for four out of the last five years as one of Publishers Weekly’s ten “fastest-growing small publishers,” Ulysses Press is reinventing the relationship between reader, author and publisher.
Beyond market-driven, Ulysses Press focuses on highly targeted niche groups that aren’t being offered the books they want by the big corporate-owned New York houses.
As pop culture changes at the speed of the Internet, books have a powerful role to play in the interconnected world. But no new media has ever eliminated an existing media form. They force change, and with change comes opportunity. That is why our printed books work hand in hand with e-book and online versions of their content.
Thank you for your interest in Ulysses Press. Before submitting a manuscript, please take some time to familiarize yourself with our list and consider how your work will enhance our publishing program.
Our publishing program seeks to move along the cultural cutting edge. We stay ahead of the competition by publishing books at the forefront of emerging trends and by finding unique angles on established topics unexplored by other publishers.
When it comes to finding new books, we are especially interested in titles that fill demonstrated niches in the trade book market. We seek books that take a specific and unique focus, a focus that can differentiate a book and make it stand out in a crowd.
- A brief (1-2 page) synopsis of the project
- An annotated table of contents
- One to two sample chapters
- An author biography, including publishing credits
- Market research, including
- A description of your target audience
- A brief comparison with competitive titles, demonstrating how your project fills a need and covers new ground
- A self-addressed stamped envelope. Submissions without adequate return postage cannot be returned.
- Your e-mail address. Acceptances, rejections, and other correspondence may be conducted via e-mail. Inclusion of a working e-mail address may dramatically reduce response times.
We do not publish fiction, poetry, autobiography or children’s books.
Please do not send e-mail submissions, attachments or disks. Do not send original artwork, photographs or manuscripts of which you do not retain a copy.
Keep in mind that we are a small press. Expect a wait of at least three months before receiving a reply. Send submissions to:
Ulysses Press Main Office
P.O. Box 3440
Berkeley, CA 94703
Ulysses Press New York
167 W 21st Street
NYC, NY 10011